And I can't seem to stay off their site, I'm continually checking it. It has turned me into a library-voyeur. I find other people's bookshelves fascinating. I just checked out the profile and inventory of a guy in Omaha who mooched a book from me (a very bad one by the way, it was so bad it was unreadable, however, it was in tip-top shape so maybe that will keep my karma unscathed.) He has almost 700 books listed. Where is he keeping them??!? Can he possibly have read all these?? After reading his cryptic and sort of curmudgeonly profile and scrolling through his inventory list I feel like I know him, I see that he's religious, he's deep into some pretty esoteric philosophy, science, aviation and politics - he's trying to accumulate wealth and his taste in fiction stinks. He has quite a few business books, (the ones with a slightly bitter slant) and a smattering of self help books. No poetry, no literature, no how-to books, no cookbooks, no biographies, no travel books, certainly no comedies. But there were medical information books and I was sad to see that someone he cares about apparently had breast cancer, there were a noticeable number of these running through his inventory. This is someone that goes to books for answers.
So now I'm thinking, ok... who needs to get a life here? Him? Or me? One of us is doing too much reading.
No comments:
Post a Comment