We're starting to get a little antsy about selling the house. It's only been 34 days but that's 102 days in real time when you do the math for having to be clean and tidy and ready to show 24/7. It's exhausting. I am at the shriek point with this perfectly clean, organized, and tidy nonsense.
This weekend, leaving no stone unturned, we decided to enlist the Big Guns... and that would be... St. Joseph, patron saint of carpenters, families, homes and ergo: real estate sales. Tradition says you can petition St. Joseph for help by burying a small St. Joseph statue next to the for sale sign. Upside down. Facing the house. And you have to say a special prayer.
I am not making this up.
So we ran right out and bought a little St. Joseph kit and I read the paperwork. It was the serious version, created by people in the business. Religion, not real estate.
It's all about the sincere, respectful prayer.
[x] Check.
If you get a positive result you are morally obligated to share a bit of your monetary good fortune with a home-related charity.
That seems reasonable... [x] Check.
You agree to dig him back up when it's all over and give him a place of honor in your next home.
No problem, happy to do it ... the husband has just the spot in his new workshop. He should be happy there among the carpentry tools. [x] Check.
And St. Joseph would like a little public credit.
Ok then, here you go Joe... [x] Check.
Plus the no-nonsense religious writer admonished us to make the house presentable and price it fairly. St. Joseph is in the assistance business, not the miracle business.
Got it! [x] [x] and [x]
I know it sounds a little whippy-dippy, but I believe it is possible to draw positive energy to yourself or a situation. So we'll see. Can't hurt.

1 comment:
Hey, a little heavenly intervention never hurts. If you learn about any other saints who specialize, let me know. I could use a little help here and there.
Post a Comment