
I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw Kara Thrace (aka Starbuck) from Battlestar Galactica on this season's 24, a previous watchable show that has become, without a doubt, the lamest show on tv.
How can this possibly be?
Starbuck was one of the most fascinating characters on BSG. I lived to see what her rebellious, bigger-than-life character would do next. The woman ate nails for breakfast. She was the Fleet's top vipor pilot, tougher and stronger and usually drunker than any 3 men combined. She defied death – literally. She found earth for crying out loud. And then there was the tender, spiritual, wounded child side of her. You will never-ever find a more interesting character than Starbuck, played by Katee Sackhoff.
And now here she is simpering around on 24. Calling her sister in a panic because a troublesome old boyfriend showed up. Oh please. Without ever even breaking stride, Starbuck would have mopped the floor with him and shot him out the nearest airlock before he knew what hit him.
Someone is going to have to tell me what happens to her character on 24 – I simply can't bear to watch it.
No comments:
Post a Comment