![]() |
| Click here to check it out |
It was what you might expect – report cards, childish drawings, programs, clippings, etc. Some of it was pretty amusing.
And in my case, letters. She handed over a bunch of letters I had written, starting about 40 years ago. I didn’t know she had saved them, so it was a big surprise. It brought back a flood of memories, things I had long forgotten.
And it was a little surreal, meeting my much younger self like this. Wow, was that ME? Some things change dramatically, other things don’t change at all, it was interesting.
And enlightening.
So when I was Christmas shopping this year and saw this kit of bound letters with writing prompts – LETTERS TO MY FUTURE SELF – I immediately recognized the potential for discovery and gave it to a young family member. He says he's going to use it. I hope so. Reflection is a good thing.

No comments:
Post a Comment