Monday, May 21, 2012

The Unloved Ones

This chair actually did have a bit of a 
green glow. It was menacing. I thought
I saw it move out of the corner of my
eye. You can see the devil face in the
fabric... can't you?
Ever wonder what happens to shockingly ugly furniture?

Here we have the Fancy Sisters. All dressed up and              
nowhere to go. So hopeful. So pitiful. 
It's shuttled to the clearance room. Usually a dark and dreary, poorly maintained space in the back of the store. There it sits, under buzzing florescent lights, collecting dust and disdain. And then what? What happens to chairs like these that all of humanity rejects?

I tried to imagine a taker for this first horrifying number. I'd be afraid to bring it home. You can tell it's become bitter sitting there, brooding about its upholstery misfortune. This chair is just waiting to lash back. I'll bet if you sat in it you wouldn't be able to get out. It could very well be the Venus Fly Trap of chairs.

The Fancy Sisters are also doomed to remain orphans. Unless a buyer stumbles in who has been looking for a Gothic chair and "What luck! It even has a space age, aluminum foil, kind of flair!" That buyer is going to be thrilled. But maybe not so much at the unrealistic $1,599 price tag. Although she's stuck in a bad neighborhood, you would be wrong to assume she's an easy chair.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nope, definitely not an easy chair....most definitely hard and rigid. Sisters, though? From a distance, maybe; up close, I think they look like brother and sister with some mixed-up sexual orientation going on.

Related Posts with Thumbnails