I'm a little bit of a germ-phobe. Not Howard Hughes nutty, but not exactly casual about it either. I abhor germs. Mostly because I really hate getting sick and I catch things easily. My first job after graduation was teaching art. Over 150 separate little germ-ridden vectors in my personal orbit. I was sick the entire time. It was a factor in moving on to another career.In the fight against germs I've always considered being well armed just a matter of having the right product. If the spray bottle says bleach on the front or disinfectant, I'm confident the battle is mine. Seems reasonable? Right?
Wrong.
I've been operating under a false assumption all these years. It's a wonder I'm still alive.
The other day one of the news shows had a cleaning expert on. She started to natter on about "dwell time."
Dwell time! What the heck??
She referred everyone to the product labels for the proper dwell time. Turns out nothing kills on contact, you have to let it sit for the proper amount of time to actually kill germs. It has to DWELL for a while. Turns out my splash and dash bleaching policy is completely ineffective... she called it a waste of time.
So now I have to linger around the toilet watching the clock while my weapon of choice is dwelling. It just doesn't seem fair.
It seems I have seriously underestimated my invisible little enemy.
2 comments:
DWELL time? Seriously? I'm doomed, I tell ya. Doomed.
Dwell Time... No kidding.
Seems you have to be able to read if you're serious about fighting germs.
It's always something.
Post a Comment