Friday, November 21, 2008

The Siege

We are having a new roof put on at the moment. The house isn't that old, about 18 years, but the roof was shot. We've seen evidence of leaking, so we decided we better do something.

It works like this... they blast in with a crew of about 5-6 men who scamper onto the roof and work like crazy demented people with much unintelligible shouting and the maximum amount of noise for 3 days and then they blast off to go torment some other homeowner. I am dumbfounded at the amount of energy being unleashed.

What a nightmare having all this going on. I have sooo much work to do and I can't even hold a thought. Yesterday the dining room chandelier was swinging above me as I was trying to work underneath it. I kid you not. The stomping, the hammering, the thumping, the yelling over my head. I am completely under siege.

It's quite stressful, I have my finger poised over 911. The first day I heard an especially loud bang! bang! bump bump BANG! and intense yelling. I was sure we lost one off the roof, but apparently not, I checked and they are all still accounted for.

I will be sooo glad when they are gone. At this point I'm willing to pay them just to leave.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails